Let's Twist Again!
In the past we have brought you several exercises incorporating rotations of the torso and upper body. There is nothing that can help you sculpt that terrific bod better than doing these "two-for-one" moves and who doesn't want to get more bang their buck when it come to working out?! We all know the leg-toning, butt-firming lunge is a lower body exercise that is hard to beat in terms of getting rid of the dreaded jiggly bits. Add a torso twist and you have turned this classic move into a core-targeting, side-firming power couple which is why its our pick for month's edition of Essential Exercises for Women.
• Stand with feet about shoulder width apart.
• Hold a medicine ball (optional) in front of you with elbows bent about 90 degrees. You may want to begin this exercise with no weight and build up your strength over time.
• Step forward with your left foot into a lunge position.
• Be sure to keep your knee over your left foot; don't twist at the knee.
• From your torso, twist your upper body to the left. Then, reach across your left side with your arms out-stretched.Think of pointing to the left from your belly button.
• Maintain a slow and controlled movement throughout the exercise.
• Slowly move your arms to center and step forward with the opposite foot and twist to the other side.
• Continue the movement for about ten steps.
Complete 2 sets.
What Can We Show You?
We love, love, love showing you moves you can use each month but we want to know what you want to see! Drop us a note in the comment section below or click to button to submit the body part(s) you need the most help with and we will share with you some ways you can target those trouble spots and get results! So what are ya waitin' for? Click. Type. Send!