1. Use a stability ball or BOSU trainer for core work – to target your entire core and avoid
pressing your spine into the floor with traditional crunches and sit-ups.
2. Try compound or hybrid exercises – because they recruit more muscles (burning more
calories) and save time. For example, combine a squat and shoulder dumbbell press
instead of doing them separately.
3. Try intervals for cardio – change up your speed (walk, jog, run, repeat) for 25 minutes.
Intensity, not duration, is most important for fat loss and muscle development. Interval
training will save you time, too!
4. Do cardio after you lift weights – save your strength for lifting and burn more fat by
doing cardio after you weight train. If cardio is part of your warm-up, keep it light and
under 15 minutes.
5. Use a foam roller to help ease muscle tension in those hard-to-stretch spots. Foam rolling
is similar to massage, working through muscle tissue for more muscle relaxation.
Want More tips on maximizing your workout?
Drop us a note in the comments sections as to what area of the bod you would like to see us tackle next or if you are in the Chantilly, Herndon, Fairfax, Centreville area schedule a free consulation with one of our wellness coaches. Already a member? Stop one of our certified personal trainers and ask...we are always here to help!