We have all been there. It's the day after Thanksgiving and you feel like you may have eaten the entire turkey by yourself. All that is on your mind is burning off those calories and fast!
Because practically everyone has experienced a moment or two of over-indulgence, we thought we would bring you the perfect "morning after" advice on how you can have a calorie-burning, fat-blasting Post-Thanksgiving workout today and any day!
How to Make Your Workout Count!
You make the time to exercise, right? Take a moment and think about your workout…. Are you coasting? Doing the same old thing? Get the most from your workout by using the following tips.
- Focus your mental energy. If you're lifting weights, focus on that specific muscle group. Researchers saw a significant increase in muscle activity when people focused on what they were doing, compared to thinking about unrelated topics.
- Pump up the volume. Listen to upbeat music while you exercise. Researchers found that personal music motivated weightlifters to complete two more repetitions on average than those who were not listening to music. Try this Post-Thanksgiving workout playlist...
- Keep things fresh. Change your routine often. This will help you to avoid plateaus and will continue to challenge your body. Try new exercises and new intensities. Check out a Group Exercise class you haven’t tried before! Post-Thanksgiving Zumba anyone?
- Stay nourished and hydrated. Pay attention to your food and your hydration levels. You'd be amazed how much being dehydrated can affect your performance even away from the gym.
- Find your magic time. Work out when your body is at its best. If you're not a morning person, do not force the issue on your body. Post-Thanksgiving workouts perfect for anytime
- Use a professional. If you don't already, consider working with a trainer for a few sessions!! This will ensure that you're being challenged and seeing results. Questions? Ask one of our fitness pros, they are available post-Thanksgiving or any day!
Main article body submitted by Pennie Waston.
Want More tips on maximizing your workout?
Drop us a note in the comments sections as to what area of the bod you would like to see us tackle next or if you are in the Chantilly, Herndon, Fairfax, Centreville area schedule a free consultation with one of our wellness coaches. Already a member? Stop one of our certified personal trainers and ask...we are always here to help!