Get More Bang for Your Buck (and a flat belly) with the Ball!
If you are looking to maximize your time when doing your ab/core work look no further than this month's Essential Exercise for Women. With bathing suits and clingy, unforgiving summer fashions on the menu for the next few months, who doesn't want a flat belly to show off? Answer: NO ONE! So grab a ball, even a beach ball will work if you happen to be laying around poolside with a few extra minutes, and try the ball exchange core exercise. Your abs and core will thank you!
Ball Exchange Exercise
- Lying on back, place your workout ball above your head on the floor. Lay flat on the floor with your legs extended.
- Now, bring your arms over your head and grab the workout ball.
- Contract your abdominal muscles and hip flexors and bring the ball upwards towards the middle of your body, meeting your feet at the mid-line.
- Transfer the ball from your hands to your feet by gripping the ball between your ankles.
- Keeping your arms and legs straight, return to your starting position.
- With the ball between your feet, repeat the same movement, except exchange the ball to your hands from your feet at the midline.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
**You can vary the size of the ball to make this ball exchange exercise more challenging!
Ball Exchange Exercise for Core Muscle Toning—powered by eHow.com
Safety Note: Leg elevation while laying on your back can put a strain on the lumbar spine. Thus, the ball exchange is not recommended for those with lower back issues.
HEY YOU GUUUUUUYS!!!!
We've have heard from a few of our loyal readers but we want to hear from even more! So you there...yeah you in front of that computer or phone screen, if you love the ball exchange exercise, why not drop us a note in the comment section below or click to button to submit other body part(s) you wanna work on. In turn, we will share our sage advice so that you can begin to tackle those trouble spots and get results! So what are ya waitin' for? Click. Type. Send!