Raising the Bar on Shoulder Exercises for Women
Nothing makes a tank top or little black dress look better then having a great set of sculpted shoulders. In this month's edition of Essential Exercises for Women we chose this terrifc shoulder-shaper which uses the body bar to help you get those toned, sexy deltoids rockin'!
Rotator Curl with the Body Bar
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart, gripping center of bar with left hand, arms
by sides, palms facing in. Posture counts, be sure that you are standing tall, lifting
through your ribcage!
2. Bend left elbow 90 degrees so that forearm is at waist level and bar is
perpendicular to floor.
3. Keeping elbow bent by ribs, rotate left forearm out to left side.
4. Return forearm to forward position to complete 1 rep.
5. Perform 2-3 sets of 12-15 repetitions on each side.
Note: Start with a light bar, perhaps a 4 lb. bar. This shoulder exercise for women can also be done with a dumbbell. If the 4 lb. bar is too heavy, try a lighter dumbbell.