Easy on the Eyes
Lashes are considered a vital part of the eye's beauty and health. But just like the hair on our heads, our lashes grow, fall out, and require caring and cleaning to guarantee their maximum beauty. In this edition of Essential Skin Care for Women, we will share with you some tips that will help you get (and keep) movie star-worthy lashes!
- Cleanliness is the first defense line against damage to your lashes. If you fail to remove your make-up at night opting to sleep with it on, bacteria has a much higher chance to grow and damage the lashes at their root.
- Replace your mascara every 3-6 months and make sure not to share your eye make-up with anyone.
- If your eyes are prone to seasonal allergies,make sure to wash them morning and evening with baby shampoo and warm water. Or, if you prefer use any eyewash formula available at your pharmacy. By adding this to your routine, you will minimize the effect of dust and pollen on the body of the lashes and prevent any permanent damage to the follicle.
- If you have tendency to rub your eyes, remember that the dirt and oil from your fingers act as an irritant to the lashes and the eyelids which could lead to premature loss of lashes.
- A lot of women these days are turning to the synthetic alternative to natural lashes. Though beautiful, one of the drawbacks to wearing these long, beautiful lashes is the glue that is used to adhere it to the real lashes. I recommend wearing false eyelashes only for special occasions, but it should not become part of your daily life. In the long run the damage from the adhesive will cause more damage for to your eyes and their natural protective lashes.
- Modern medicine has many new over-the-counter and prescription strength formulas just a Latisse and Revitalash that seem to work for some people in terms of thickening, strengthening and lengthening the natural lashes. If you suffer from short, weak lashes,trying one of these formulas may be helpful. Consult your opthamologist to insure that you are using the right formula for your needs.
Article submitted by: